Thursday 12 May 2011

Knitting in Jade


In March I challenged myself by knitting Annis.  It's a pretty narrow shawl in laceweight yearn, and a free pattern on Knitty.  What was challenging about it was that for the first time in my life, I had to tackle nupps.


I found a gorgeous yarn (silk/cashmere mix 2ply) in a fabulous jade colour, which would go well with some fabric I've bought to make some summer clothes when my sewing mojo returns.


I found knitting nupps made me feel tense cross, so I was relieved when that bit was over - dealing with keeping 7 loops being knit into one stitch tidy and together was not easy for me.  There is another way (at least one) of working them which involves the use of a crochet hook, and when/if I return to the nupp, I will try out that method instead.


Annis completed and blocked is, however, a pretty thing and the colour and feel are gorgeous.  I'd better hurry up and get sewing so I've got the rest of the outfits to go with mine!

1 comment:

Angela said...

You're right this is such a pretty shawl so you'll have to get stitching as it needs to be worn!! :)