Wednesday 13 October 2010

Christmas Present



I started crocheting this blanket back in January. It was offered as a Mystery Crochet-Along by Carolyn Christmas on her blog, Gourmet Crochet, and was an adventure in different fan and shell patterns. I decided to work mine in sock-weight yarn to utilise my leftovers, but of course ended buying a fair amount of additional wools, mainly Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, to supplement them. I also wanted to make my blanket large enough to snuggle under on the sofa. When the weather warmed, I lost interest in the project and put it aside, but with the advent of autumn, my crochet blanket mojo returned, and I finished the blanket this week.



I really like the shell edging on the border, which I worked a little wider than the original.

It is very cosy, and was lovely to work on during the chillier evenings, stretched over my lap to keep me warm as I hooked and stitched in ends. It is very colourful, too, as you can see! It will get plenty of use and I learned a lot while making it - different ways of joining motifs and different stitch combinations.

Of course, I now have a fair amount of 4-ply wool left over from this project. What can I do with it?!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sheeprustler said...

Don't you love the way that 'leftover' projects always involve buying more yarn, and having more leftovers at the end! It is colourful and snuggly-looking and must have been great fun to make :)