Tuesday 30 September 2008

Rags Repurposed

 


Once, I bought a pair of linen trousers on eBay. They were a lovely, washed-out navy colour and they proved a useful and favourite addition to my wardrobe. Sadly, in time, they went the way of all trousers...

 


Worn out they might be, but I was loth to throw away this lovely cloth, and I decided to make myself a studio coverall,or craft apron out of the good cloth in my trousers.

 


Yesterday was the day, and my new-from-old garment took about three hours of gentle activity from start to finish. The remaining cloth is tiny scraps, so not even much waste came from this refashion.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tiggy Rawling said...

I think I like the new as much as the old - and doesn't make you feel good? Never one to throw things out, and an occasional bin dipper, much to my family's dismay. So what are you going to do with the leftovers!

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Bandani Breakdown II is a gift for a special friend and No.1 fan.
It's her 'big birthday" tomorrow. I know it is going to a good home!

margaret said...

What a good idea, giving a favourite garment a new life in this way. I have several candidates for "rescue"...

Sara lechner said...

oh, I think I must look more often in Ebay! I love linen clothes and this looks wonderful!